This is Israel Calling
Over the next two weeks we will be releasing a trivia question each day about Israel's participation in Eurovision. You have until Friday 21 September at Noon CET to submit your answers using the form below. You can answer a question each day, or you can submit all fourteen answers at once - it is up to you. Each correct answer is worth 1 point (except day 13's question which is worth 2 points). All members who answer all 14 questions correctly will go into the draw to win a prize pack of promo merchandise from the 2018 contest (please note, to be eligible to win the prize you must have also renewed your membership for 2019).
1. Besides Hebrew and English, what other two languages has Israel performed in at Eurovision? Answer: French and Arabic
2. Israeli participation at Eurovision has been a controversial topic over the years. Which two countries had confirmed their intent to participate but later withdrew because of Israel's participation? Answers: Tunisia (1977) and Lebanon (2005) and Turkey (1979) all valid answers
3. How many times has Israel come in last place? Answer: Zero
4. When Israel won Eurovision in 1978, Jordan announced a different country as the winner. What was that country? Answer: Belgium
5. Which country has given Israel the most points? Answer: France
6. Which country has received the most points from Israel? Answer: Sweden
7. Kobi Oz composed which Israeli Eurovision entry? Answer: Push the Button (2007)
8. How many attempts has Dana International made to represent Israel at Eurovision? Answer: Four (1995, 1998, 2008, 2011) – If you said three you got half a point.
9. Which Israeli Eurovision song shares a name with an annual celebration? Answer: Yom Huledet (Happy Birthday)
10. In which year did Israel win the Press, Artistic and Composer Marcel Bezencon Awards? Answer: 2010
11. What was unique about Israel's participation in the 1980 Eurovision? Answer: Israel withdrew, making it the only country to date to withdraw the year after winning the contest.
12. Which performer was a backup singer at Eurovision twice before being selected to represent Israel? Answer: Imri
13. Name two artists (other than Dana International) who have represented Israel more than once at Eurovision? (excluding back up performers) Answer: Ilanit or Izhar Cohen or Yardena Arazi or Eddie Butler were all accepted – WORTH TWO POINTS
14. What is the name of the TV show that currently chooses the Israeli Eurovision entry? Answer: HaKokhav HaBa L'Eurovizion (English translation was also accepted)